Also please note that we do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or companies except: (a) to provide products or services you've requested; (b) when we have your permission: or (c) under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted entities, who work on behalf of Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd under strict confidentiality agreements. These entities may use your personal information to help Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd communicate with you about offers from us and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to further share or disseminate this information.
- We respond to court orders, legal process, to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- We believe it is necessary to share the information in order to investigate, prevent or take action against any illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
- We transfer information about you if we-‘Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd ’ is acquired by or merged with another company.
At times, we would require your personal information that you may choose to share with us such as name, address, phone number to communicate with you. We intend to protect the quality and integrity of your personally identifiable information.
We at Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd recognize the receipt, transmission or distribution of spam emails (i.e. unsolicited bulk emails) as a major concern and have taken compulsory measures to minimize the transmission and effect of spam emails in our computing environment. All emails received by Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd are subject to spam check. Any email identified as spam will be rejected with sufficient information to the sender for taking necessary action. With this measure, along with other technical spam reduction measures, we hope to minimize the effect of spam emails. Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd Technologies reserves the right to reject and/or report any suspicious spam emails, to the authorities concerned, for necessary action.
Links to Non-Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd websites
Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd does not provide any links to third party websites, nor do we endorse or make any representations about third-party websites. We provide social media features on our website that enable you to share Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd information with your social networks and to interact with Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd on various social media sites. Your use of these features may result in the collection or sharing of information about you, depending on the feature. We encourage you to review the privacy policies and settings on the social media sites with which you interact to make sure you understand the information that could be shared by those sites.
- Effective Date:
This Policy applies to all Personal Data collected electronically by Pearson Education Services Pvt.Ltd.
'Personal Data' for the purposes of this Policy means any information that relates to a natural person and is capable of identifying such person available or likely to be available with Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd.
Sensitive personal data means such personal information of a person which consists of information relating to:
- Financial information such as bank account or credit card or debit card or other payment instrument details.
- Any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd by the person for providing any service.
- Objective of Policy:
Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd takes serious measures to maintain the trust that you place in us. To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd utilizes appropriate physical, technical and administrative procedures to safeguard the information that is being collected.
- Security Practices & Procedures:
Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd ensures that all transactions with respect to Personal Data, including Sensitive personal data, shall:
- Be processed fairly & lawfully.
- Be obtained only with the consent of the information provider.
- Be collected, only when:
- The information is collected for a lawful purpose connected with a function or Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd’s activity and
- The collection of the sensitive personal data or information is considered necessary for that purpose.
- In respect of SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA , ensure that it is not retained for a period longer than is required for the purposes for which the information may be lawfully be used or is otherwise required under any law for the time being in force.
- Be available for review by the information provider, as and when requested.
- Be kept secure against unauthorized or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, as per the prescribed standards.
Disclosure of information: Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd shall share your Sensitive Personal Data only with your consent given under a contract or where the disclosure is necessary for compliance of a legal obligation or where required by government agencies mandated under law to procure such disclosure.
Transfer of Information: Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd may transfer your Sensitive Personal Data to any other body corporate or a person in India and ensures the "same level of data protection" that is adhered to by it.
Publication: Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd shall also not publish your Sensitive Personal Data and shall ensure that the information transferred to a third party is not further disclosed by it.
Authenticity: Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Data supplied to it by the provider, whose duty it is to ensure that the information provided by it or its employees is authentic.
Right to opt out: Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd respects your privacy considerations and hence provides an option to you, to not provide the data or information sought to be collected.
Further, you can also withdraw your consent which was earlier given to Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd, and the same must be communicated to Pearson Education Services Pvt. Ltd in writing. For this purpose please mail to email@example.com. Please indicate your name, address and email address, and what information you would like to modify/withdraw.
6. Changes to this Policy
Please note that this Policy may change from time to time. We will not reduce your rights under this Policy without your explicit consent. We will post any Policy changes on this page and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Policy changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Policy in an archive for your review.